Thursday, August 21, 2008

Filming and What I wanna do.

Posted by X

I had a comment on my previous post, about filming in the snow. So I thought I would spill my little by important knowledge. Although I was once really interested in Directing and such, my heart has found a new target.... ACTING. an even harder industry to get into. But anyway
How to film in Snow
1:
When angling the shot make sure the sun isn't glaring off the snow. As we all know snow can glare quite a bit.

2:
Be careful of 'White Out' (well I think that is what it is called) it only happens on sunny days. It is when the sunlight reflects off the snow and fills the entire camera lens with white, even if the camera is not pointing into the sun.

3:
Make sure that you are not in the way of the Skier or Boarder. I know it is a really silly thing, but is does happen more than you think.

4:
Make sure the person you are filming is not wearing white... they might blend in.

Well those are all the things I can think of. Filming on snow is pretty much the same as filming anywhere else, just be careful of the suns glare, and the sun itself.

Now back to what I wanna do.
Acting, ahh I have always wanted to be an actor, but I do get very nervous when put in front of people. But a few weeks ago I had a bit of a revelation, Who cares what other people think. They thinks about you no matter what. And that has kind of freed me up from feeling nervous in front of people. So hopefully this will help me to get into acting.
Also, in October from the 6-11 I am on a course in Christchurch. The course is called BTC (beyond the camera), here is a link to the website http://www.beyondthecamera.org.nz/
This course is about the Film and Television industry it looks really good.

"Is the juice worth the squeeze"
Unknown

1 comments:

Carleen said...

By the way, did you realise that your profile says that you are a chick. Now that has been some damn fine acting for the whole of your life. I was convinced you were a bloke.
Auf wiedersehen for now says Carleen as she departs for Germany. Yee hah!